The Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Southern Africa welcomes requests to cooperate with NGOs, community-based organisations, universities, unions, political parties and media organisations that comply with the tenets of democratic socialism. The foundation, in conjunction with national and regional non-governmental organisations, supports projects that strengthen civil society, are based on democratic values and entrench human rights.
It advocates alternative education that values participatory democracy (not just the right to vote); solidarity; tolerance; social justice; protection of minority rights; non-violence and peaceful cooperation. Through its programmes, the foundation aims to spearhead radical socio-economic and ecological transformation in Southern Africa.
As opposed to long-term financial assistance, you may submit a project outline and request help to fund a single event such as a conference or short-term seminar provided that the event conforms to the foundation’s principles and regulations.
Structuring your project proposal
Kindly address these points in the following order and submit your proposal electronically to Esther.Bango@rosalux.org
Please note that 2018 funds have been fully allocated.
- Project summary (max 250 words)
- Project objectives: Having met with your constituency and identified a need, please discuss the issues you will address
- Details of the organisation: In no longer than one A4 page, supply a brief history of the organisation, its mission and goals, staff, management structure, main activities and cooperation with other organisations
- How does the project relate to the organisation’s other activities and what is its contribution/input to this project?
- Target group/s
- Qualification of staff involved in the project
- Short-term and long-term project goals
- Expected direct and indirect results – quantitative and qualitative.
- Is the project able to be assessed in terms of objectives vs. outcomes, i.e. will the results be tangible and measurable? If not, please provide details
- Evaluation process – during and after implementation
- How will the results of the project/knowledge gained be sustained, used or disseminated within the constituency and further afield?
- Describe possible challenges you anticipate and discuss a remedial plan
- Do you foresee forming or using existing partnerships or alliances to implement the project and why?
- Implementation plan. If your project comprises different phases/ activities and outcomes, please elaborate in terms of your project plan and provide estimated timeframes for each expected outcome. The Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung accepts that programme adjustments may occur
- Detailed project budget in South African Rand (MS Excel format)