Invitation for Applications: Programme Manager for Climate Justice & Socio-Ecological Transformation
5 June 2019
The Southern Africa Regional Office invites applications for the position of Programme Manager for Climate Justice & Socio-ecological Transformation.
Necessary skills and qualifications
– Relevant tertiary qualification, preferably a bachelor’s or honours degree in: Sociology, Environmental Studies, Development Studies, Political Science, International Relations, etc.
– Knowledge of current discourses on climate justice and energy democracy
– Regional, cultural competences
– Teamwork and communication skills
– Languages: English, French (Level: At least good)
– Publishing experience
– Experience in project management
– Good knowledge or experience in the administration of programs including experience in budget control
– Management and coordination experience
– Experience in the work of international organizations
– Knowledge of climate and environmental discussions in Southern Africa and the Indian Ocean
– Knowledge of active networks and organizations in the topic area
– Good knowledge of RLS structures
– Language skills: German, Portuguese
Tasks and responsibilities that can be expected:
1) Network and establish strategic partnerships with institutions, universities, NGOs, the media, and government in and beyond the region (Indian Ocean and Europe) specially on issues related to climate change and environmental justice
2) Manage and support existing projects and partnerships.
3) Screen and motivate project proposals.
4) Control the programme budget /liaise with partners on administrative/financial issues
5) Organise and participate in conferences and advocacy/lobby events.
6) Provide analysis and advise on relevant environmental, socio-economic and political trends in the region
7) Write and publish on environmental issues globally and/or on the programme targeted counties.
8) Conceptualise new projects and publications.
Interested persons should please send their application, including their CV and a cover letter, to Esther Bango (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Application for Programme Manager for Climate Justice & Socio-ecological Transformation”. Applications must be received by close of business on 20 June 2019 in order to be considered.
Please click on “read more” to download this information.